The Huge Day Out is on Saturday, 28 October 2017
Programme to be announced in July/August 2017
Town Wharf (Mahurangi River, Warkworth) – Saturday 28 October
Online registration is open now – www.canoeshowdown.co.nz
On the day registration starts at 8am (closes 9.30 am)
Briefing (tbc) is at 9.30 am
Races start (tbc)
10.00 am – 20km Premier Canoeshowdown
10.02 am – 10km Canoe Showdown race
10.04 am – 5km Cruise
10.10 am – 2km STAR KAYAKS course
Held on Baxter Street Reserve approximately 45 minutes after the last paddler has finished.
An awesome day of racing to suit all classes and abilities:
- 20 km Premier Showdown: 4 laps of serious races – open to all. Winners crowned King and Queen of the Mahurangi River.
- 10 km Race: 2 laps – ideal for sea kayaks and recreational craft (including SUP).
- 5 km Cruise: 1 lap – for casual paddlers, first timers and kids.
- 2 km Time Trial: If you would like to take part in the Canoe Showdown but don’t have a kayak, thanks to Star Kayaks, you’re able to make that happen. There will be a number of kayaks available on race day and you can compete in a 2 km time trial. Limited spaces.
Limited waterfront parking (access via Percy Street by New World) – please check with road marshalls on the day.
10 am Warkworth Riverbank (behind Library)
Adult and Children categories – $2 per category. Great prices to be won!
- Best dressed (person, dog or both)
- Egg spoon race
- Best trick
- Obstacle course
- Temptation trail
All proceeds are going to Julie Thompson’s animal rescue, Warkworth.
The show is sponsored by Ross Lynch, Warkworth
Vet, Farm & Pet clinic