How To Get There
The Kowhai Festival events are held in the picturesque town of Warkworth, approximately 50 minutes north of the Auckland CBD, with the Huge Day Out happening around Queen and Baxter Streets.
There are a number of ways to get there, but keep in mind that certain roads are closed, parking is limited, and the transport network may become congested. We recommend you plan your journey in advance. Visit the Auckland Transport website, or Google Maps for directions, and travel options.
Huge Day Out Map
A number of roads and car parks will be closed to general traffic during the Kowhai Festival.
Huge Day Out (27 October 2018):
- Queen Street — 7 am to 4 pm
- Baxter Street — 7 am to 4 pm
- Car parks on closed roads during times when those roads are closed.
For all traffic inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
In An Emergency
In an emergency always DIAL 111 and tell them.
DO NOT ASSUME THAT SOMEONE ELSE WILL CALL.
Huge Day Out:
- St John will be on site and the first aid HQ is in the car park behind Noel Leeming.
- Traffic issues: Call 02X XXX XXXX.
- Event issues: Talk to any Kowhai Festival management members (in yellow vests), or call 02X XXX XXXX.